Today I cut out the crown moulding for the sitting room.
Stained it all and glued it onto the ceiling.
Laid the decorative squares in the corners and decided it looked more Victorian that way…so I glued them on.
Then I placed the ceiling onto the room…it fit very tightly, but it fit. Unfortunately, there was a tiny white line between the top of the wallpaper trim and the crown moulding.
I would have added a paper trim to that edge to solve the problem, but the thickness of the paper would have made the ceiling no longer fit. So I painted in the area with matching brown paint.
And placed the ceiling back on.
Then I changed the burnt-out bulb in the light and drilled a hole in the ceiling rosette, so I could string them together and through the hole in the center of the ceiling. They’re not glued on yet, but the effect is there.
I finished a bit more of the wainscoting on the octagonal tower part (still a bit more to do).
And here’s what I have so far.
I’ve changed my mind (yet again) about the outside of the house. I want to cover it with bricks, so that will be added at a later time. And the room needs a round table in the middle of the carpet. But right now, the sitting room looks like a rather cozy, peaceful place to have a cup of tea and knit by the fire.