Today we measured…and cut…and stained…and glued….
And cut…and stained…and glued some more…
Until we ended up here…
Still a ways to go.
This afternoon, my little helper and I cut out more floor boards for the sitting room. Then he stained them carefully.
We worked our way around the octagonal tower. Tomorrow we will be putting the decorative trim in (not cut yet).
I had forgotten how much time each little detail takes in a dollhouse…and how addictive it can become!
Today, we started in on the sitting room while we waited for supplies for the drawing room to arrive.
First, we added a wall in the corner behind the fireplace, and plugged the fireplace wires in to see how that would look.
Then my little helper plugged in the chandelier and held it in place to check the effect…he is a great fan of electricity. We seem to have one dead bulb…I’ll have to switch that out.
Then we started cutting out and staining pieces for the floor.
After dinner, I took advantage of some free time and got some more floor pieces done. Nothing is glued in yet since I haevn’t quite decided how far in the decorative trim will go.
Good night and be well.
We had to shift through a lot of old cans of stain, but we found a Rosewood one that will work perfectly for the wainscoting and trim. Ialso experimented with ceiling paints.
So now I ordered a lot more wainscoting pieces and trim pieces, as well as a chandelier and a few other missing parts. So we’ll wait until they show up to keep going.