It’s been a little while since I’ve had time to work on the house, but tonight I started on the drawing room floor boards.
I had bought a couple stain pens and cut the tips into a point to make them smaller in order to do the detail work on the floor trim. But the stain just bled across the wood when I used them.
So I tried marking the wood with an x-acto knife first to make an edge for the stain. It seemed to work pretty well.
I might keep trying this way or I might find some other way for it to work. I could always use felt tip markers instead of actual stain…
Next I started the long and tedious process of measuring out floor boards for the outside of the room and then staining them.
Glued in one line of floor boards in the bay window area.
Then a second line.
Next I wanted to do the first set of decorative trim boards with a dark line down the center. The dark brown stain marker I had bought wasn’t dark enough to contrast well with the medium brown, so I tried with a black felt tip instead.
I think it shows up alright so I’ll continue like this next time.
Oh, and I bought a second chair for the sitting room next door and a display cabinet for the drawing room. Still need a lovely console for the left-hand drawing room wall but I haven’t found the right one yet.