Last week, I finally found the perfect drawing room furniture! I’ve been searching since I abandoned the drawing room a year ago, so I was awfully happy to find these.
Now I just need to finish the room around it.
Last time, I had made the walls on each side of the chimney too narrow. So I pried the old walls off and made new ones.
I think the proportions are more realistic now.
Then I started painting the sub-floor black so the cracks between the floorboards show up better.
I also did the area behind the fireplace…
…so the inside of the fireplace works now.
The wood of the back stairs which I had stained but not finished last year is looking rather dry and dull, so I experimented with a bit of Danish oil on an extra piece to see if I liked the effect. I’d like the area to look polished but not shiny and varnished since those are servants stairs, after all. I’ll see how it looks after it dries overnight.
Finally, I drew up a small scale version of a pattern I might use for the drawing room floor.
I like the trim but I suspect the middle will look too fussy in this small a scale, so I modified it a little.
And that’s all I had time for tonight. Be well.