Tags

, ,

Today I decided that the drawing wallpaper was truly too yellow for my taste. So I made it more cream colored, printed it out, and taped it up to see.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I liked it a lot better this color. I also added a small piece of trim between the wallpaper and the wallpaper trim as planned, to see what it would be like (I photoshopped it longer in this photo to be able to see it better).

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I decided I didn’t like that at all. So I would not use that in the final design.

Then I started pulling off the yellowish wallpaper.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Removing wallpaper is about as much fun on a miniature house as on a real-sized house…except it gets done a lot faster because it’s a lot smaller surface area.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Although with all the sanding and the pulling, there’s just about as much mess to clean up in the end.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Then I painted just under the trim to take the place of the wooden trim I had decided not to use. Thus any space between the paper and the trim would become a pretty line. (Because of repetition issues, I could not print the trim and the paper together as one.)

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Then I finished gluing on the rest of the trim and put up the first sheet of wallpaper.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I took a break and tried out a few things that had arrived in the mail today. First, the frame for the painting in the sitting room. I tried two different paintings in it. Not sure which one I’ll use, or if I’ll try something else instead.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Secondly, I’ve been looking for a long time for something that might work as a servant call box for the kitchen, as well as a kitchen clock. Something a bit like this:

IMG_0013

I found this little, inexpensive and cheaply-made clock online and decided it would do great for the project.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Took out what was inside,

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Added a more Victorian-looking clock face.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Then created, on photoshop, a servant callbox board that corresponded to all the rooms in the house.

call box

I printed it out and placed it inside as well. It’s written in really tiny print, but with a magnifying glass, you can still read the words.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Then I hung it up in the kitchen so the servants could tell who was ringing for them and what time it was…

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Then I went back to the wallpaper. Added a second sheet around the fireplace.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Before doing the next sheet, I had to restain the door leading to the servant’s hallway, since it did not match the rosewood stain that will be used in the drawing room.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I kept the old stain on the other side of the door, to match the hallway.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Oh, and I had to add the tiny doorknobs which I had never gotten around to adding.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

And finally, I added another sheet of wallpaper around the door and corner.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

So here is the drawing room so far…

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Good night.