Tags

, ,

Today I finished off the wainscoting under the tower windows, pulling off the bottom of the windowsills as I went to make it fit.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Still haven’t finished the chair rail between the windows…

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

…because the curtain rods came in the mail today, and I got sidetracked with curtain-making.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I took the leftover pieces of the scarf that I had used for the top of the crib in the nursery. It seemed light and airy enough. Used fabric fusion to hem up the sides of the curtains because it takes up less bulk than actually hemming (the bottom of the curtain had already been machine-hemmed on the scarf).

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Then I folded over the top of the curtain, put a bit of fray guard across the top, and used a tiny slip stich to make a little place where the curtain rod could go through.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Stitched a second one.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

And had my first set of curtains completed.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Screwed the eye hooks into the wall by the window…

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

…slipped the curtain rods through…

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

…then hung the curtains.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Then I pleated them and tied back the bottom of the curtains so they would fall more naturally. (I probably should have done that before I hung them, but I forgot.)

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

That was a lot more work than it looks, so I decided I was done with curtains for the day.

Then I printed out a different possible Bradbury & Bradbury wallpaper for the drawing room and taped it up to see.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Wasn’t sure I liked it, so I combined it with the wall trim I had previously printed out.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Not so sure the pink on the wall trim and the peach on the ceiling trim match. Maybe I’ll do some combination of the two papers…we’ll see.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

For now, I leave you with a photo of the sitting room with one curtain completed…

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Be well.

.