Today, I realized that embroidery floss would make a perfectly-sized ball of yarn for the house. So here’s the knitting basket completed.
Then there was a little crack between the drawing room floor and the door to the servant’s quarters, because the hardwood floor was lower than the doorstep.
So I filled that in with a tiny piece of wood.
Then I remembered that the middle boards of the sitting room floor, although stained and laid in place, were never actually glued down. So I did that.
And then there was the chair rail that was never finished in the octagonal part of the room. So I worked on that, using a carefully placed mirror to see what I was doing.
So the chair rail has been completed now.
I still have three window curtains to make for that corner, and a couple draperies for over the doorways and I will be “finished” with the sitting room for now.
But instead of doing this, I got back to the drawing room ceiling. Finished the photoshop version of the ceiling and printed it out in pieces. Then cut them out rather roughly and laid them down.
Then I cut out the corner patterns carefully.
And laid everything out again.
I was almost done gluing everything together when I accidentally got some gold paint on the paper itself, so I had to pull the trangle section out.
I’ll redo that tomorrow, as well as glue in the trim on the bottom part in the photo.
But for now, good night.