Today I worked on finishing the sitting room curtains.
Finished hemming and sewing all three of them.
Started hanging them up.
I also added a slither of wood behing the painting over the fireplace, so it would hang at a slight angle.
And glued it up on the wall.
Then I cut out two strips of green fabric to hang over the doorways somewhat like in this photo.
I glued the trim to the edge of the cloth.
Then started pleating the fabric to see how it would fall naturally.
Tomorrow, I will have to pleat it correctly and see what I can do with it.
In the meantime, I took some photos of the sitting room with all the curtains up. From the outside…
,,,and from the hallway side.
I think in spite of the glue I put down the sides of the curtains, the curtains are a bit too billowy to look realistic. So I may need to use gluey water to pleat them a bit more.
But for now, good night.