Life seems to have calmed down a bit, and I seem to have carved out a bit of time after the baby is asleep to work on the house again, now and then.
The house itself has been moved to the second floor office and I made a cloth cover for the box that surrounds it.
The sides can be lifted individually for easy access, while the thick cloth keeps the sunlight out so the colors in the house won’t fade.
I’ve also set up a worktable with all my supplies in front of the window. So now I’m ready to get back to work.
When I made the back portion of the house a year and a bit ago, I left out the foundations, which will house the electrical wiring. (Hence all those wires sticking out to the right.)
Would have been better to add the foundation earlier, but there’s no time like the present, so first I had to empty all the rooms of anything that was loose.
And tip the house over on its side in a rather undignified manner in order to add the foundation pieces. I also attached the lighting strip to the underside of the house. The hole in the foundation wall through which the wires pass will be covered by the outside cellar doors.
Then I tipped it back over right side up and replaced all the furniture and accessories.
When I get to working on the outside of the house, I will cover the foundation with bricks so it looks more realistic.
Next I will need to add a foundation to the second section of the house and start work on the sitting room:
And the drawing room:
I will also need to figure out how to make these photos better…since I’ll be working only at night, I won’t have the benefit of natural light. Plus having yellow walls in the office is making it difficult to adjust white balance.
In the meantime…so happy to be back at it!