I had a few details to fix in the drawing room tonight. First, I needed to add a patch to the side of the bay window, since I had decided not to put a wall there.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Even though the kitty-cat seems rather upset about the leftover cracks, they will be covered up by the floor boards and by the wood covering the front of the room openings, so no one will see them.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Then, since I had decided to raise the windows by half an inch, I needed to cut a new bay window wall, cut an opening in it for the window and add studs.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I then propped that wall up where it belongs.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Next, I needed to create a chimney for the fireplace. Cut out the walls:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Glued them together with supports:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Placed it against the wall. I’m not sure if I made it deep enough…I may need to redo this next time.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Finally, I decided the fireplace mantel was too black…

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

…so I highlighted the details in gold.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

So here’s where I am so far. I don’t seem to be getting as much done each evening as I used to, but at least I’m advancing…

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Good night.