It’s been a little while since I worked on the dollhouse. Helping a first-grader do schooling online has become a full-time job. But today, I thought I’d fix up a bench for the downstairs hallway.
I was thinking of having a bench under the stairway in the front hall, but the ones I found were all too big.
So I decided to cut this one through the middle to make it fit.
I cut out a center section of the bench.
Then I sanded both sides so they would fit together well.
Before gluing the pieces back together, I stained the bench.
Then I glued it together and used extra strips of trim to cover the cracks.
After it dries, I’ll varnish it so it becomes shiny. I’ll probably also add a few more trim pieces to balance out the design. But for now, it fits beautifully in the area under the stairs.
I’ve also acquired more furniture for the library over the past couple months…
…as well as some furniture and musical instruments for the music room.
Time for bed. Good night.
Great job on the bench! I would never have thought of cutting a piece down like that. Glad you got some fun after your hard work homeschooling! 🙂
Just found your blog now. Great job on this house! It’s stunning. Looking forward to seeing the development 🙂 Good luck and stay well!
I’ve really enjoyed reading about your wonderful house – thanks for blogging about the process. I can only hope life has afforded you the time to finish your vision.
Thank you! I’m getting back to it soon, I hope. In the meantime, it is safely under a plexiglass case and a thick blanket so nothing gets to it. 🙂