The back door to the kitchen arrived today!
So I enlarged the doorway opening to accommodate it. And I cut some acrylic to fit the kitchen window.
Now I could finally glue in the north wall of the kitchen. Except then I ran into the same sort of problems I did in the scullery…that is to say, the wall had not been cut properly four years ago.
So the wood patch came out again and I fixed the problem:
I glued in the south wall as well, and added whatever studs were missing behind the wall.
I gave the kitchen ceiling a couple coats of paint, and cut and painted three sets of black door trim.
I glued on the trim for the back door (the top trim is not glued in yet, hence the cracks), as well as the chair rail surrounding it.
Then I started gluing in the door jambs and door trim for the two doors on the south wall–doors that will eventually lead to the pantry and to the back stairs.
Laid the ceiling on top (it’ll need a lot of work before it fits properly), and there you go.
I still need to finish the chair rail on the left, add the ceiling lamp, build a huge kitchen work table, make some shelves, add some odds and ends, and trim and glue on the ceiling. And I need to figure out what color to paint the back door.
But for now, it’s way past my bedtime.