Tags

, ,

So this evening I tackled the very unglamorous job of fixing various construction problems left over from the somewhat sloppy work I did four years ago.

Namely, the floor and the wall in the scullery didn’t meet properly, so the light came through:

Image

The door frame didn’t touch the floor:

Image

And the right-hand wall was cut too short…

Image

…which created a problem when the ceiling was placed on top:

Image

So I took out my trusty tube of wood patch and fixed the holes under the sink.

Image

Image

Some more wood patch and some stain made the doorway less obvious:

Image

And some rather unabashed sculpting with wood patch fixed the top of the wall:

Image

Image

Image

And with the ceiling glued in and a fresh coat of paint, the room looked much more polished:

Image

Finally, I connected the ceiling lamp into the electrical circuit…

Image

…and I officially declare the scullery done.

Image

One room done, only 21 left to go…

Good night.