I spent a long, long time measuring and adding tiny slivers of wood to the beams in order to make the second floor level…
It may not look like much, but it took a lot of patience and Hitchcock’s entire film Notorious (which is, by the way, still as good as the first time I watched it) to get through the task.
In the end, the floor finally leveled off correctly.
And I could finally glue on the second floor sub-floor and weigh it down as it dried.
Next I started cutting and gluing studs onto the nursery walls. Got a couple walls finished.
Cut the two window openings on the north wall (still need to add studs to this wall).
I’ve chosen the nursery wallpaper, too. I just need to photoshop it together correctly before I can print it out…which will be for another day.
But here’s what I have for now.
Still very bare and the fireplace belongs to a different room.
But for now…good night.