While I was busy the last few weeks, I got these chairs to add to the drawing room.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Today, I experimented with some wallpaper options. First, I worked out the correct size for the frieze and printed out a section to try it out.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Then I created a wallpaper section from the sample that went with the frieze and printed it out.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

But something about it didn’t work for me. So I tried put together and printed a different pattern.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

It might be a bit too yellow, but I can always tinker with that. But at least the pattern is more subtle. Then I created a sample of the dado pattern.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Not sure I liked the top of it, so I changed the chair rail section to another one.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I think I like it better darker like this, but I may replace the top part with an actual chair rail and leave out that part of the pattern altogether.

In the meantime, I chose two Victorian paintings, one a portrait and the other an American landscape. I need to print them a tiny bit larger and on better paper, but here is the general effect.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I placed the sofa back and here is what it will look like, somewhat.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I tried once more with the first wallpaper…still not sure about it.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Many more decisions to be made before I can paper the room, but here’s what I have so far.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Good night.