Started today with the glamorous job of filling the crack in the back corner of the right-hand side of the pantry.
Filled it and then painted over it.
Then measured out the space where the wine cellar would go.
Made the outside frame and stained it.
Added diagonal slats…
…and more slats…
…and placed it under the stairs. Also finished the black trim for the walls and glued them on.
Took a few photos of the room with the kitchen and the rest of the house next to it lit up in the dark:
(The metal post is not part of the house, but the edge of the acrylic box protecting the back of the house.)
Then I took a few keys that had come with the back door locks/door plates, and made a key ring for them.
Hammered a tiny nail into the wall and hung them up.
Finally, I made a hole in the wall for the electric wires to pass through, so the table lamp could sit more naturally.
The right-hand side of the pantry will need plenty of shelves, but in order to know how high they go, I will have to create the second flight of stairs first. So that’s tomorrow’s job.
For now…good night.