Since I had made the stairs the wrong size a little while back, I had to start fresh.
First I cut out the inner stair walls which would reach up to the very top of the house. Added the wooden studs to support them.
Glued the other side of the wall on and weighed it down.
Placed it in the house…
…and turned the lights on for a bit of fun.
Then I made a new design for the stairs, using the correct width, and fixing a few conceptual mistakes I had made the first time.
Cut out the various pieces.
Then glued them together, except the last two treads. (It takes a while to hold them as the glue dries and it’s way past my bedtime…so the rest will be done tomorrow.)
Placed them in the house (you can see the cracks where the two top treads are just laid on).
Fits much better than the first set of stairs, and I’ve done a much neater job of it all around.
Plenty more to go, but here’s a view looking down the inner wall for now.