Began to build the back stairs this evening. Started by computing and drawing out the stairs on the side of the wall.
Created the framework for the stairs.
Added the risers.
Cut out the treads and rounded off the front of each one.
And glued the staircase together.
Then I placed it into the stairwell to see how it would work.
Placed it on the upper half to see how that would look.
But I noticed there was a bit of a fit problem. So I added a temporary wall and studs where the center wall would be…
…and realized I had made the stairs too small. Turns out I measured off the length of a beam with floor and ceiling as opposed to the length of two walls and a stud; I’m an eighth of an inch off. Sigh.
So I’ll be trying this over again…hopefully I’ll do a better job then.
For now…good night.
Bummer!!! It was looking so good!
Yeah…well, it did have a few imperfections that were bugging me…so next time hopefully I’ll do it without those. 🙂