Tags

, ,

So it turns out the reason the electricity was not working right last time was because I had managed to blow the fuse in the power strip without noticing (or maybe it arrived in the mail with the fuse already blown…what do I know?).

In any case…new fuse and everything works fine now. No more dimming of the lights to the point that you can barely tell they’re on anymore.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

So I got back to work wiring up the dollhouse. Even added a bit of solder on all the tiny brass nail connections I had made so they wouldn’t pull out accidentally over time.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

And now all the bulbs can be hooked up to the power strip (which will eventually be housed/hidden in the foundations of the house) and the lights can be turned on and off easily.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Looks a bit messy, but all the wires will be covered with outside siding soon and none of the mess will be visible. The only lamp not attached is the upstairs hallway lamp, since I ran out of purple and orange wire tape. But I’ll get some more soon.

So the east side of the house looks like this in the dark.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Not sure if you can see it well in the photo, but the nursery fireplace is also lit up.

The west side needed a bit of work on one of the bathroom fixtures…

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

But I soon fixed it and all the lights work now.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

And in the dark, the rooms really glow.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Tomorrow I’ll finish the nursery windows and try to get some curtains in there so the babies can sleep better at night.

But for now…good night.