Today I addressed the issue that although the ceilings in this part of the house are the equivalent of 8 1/2′ tall, those in the rest of the house will be the equivalent of 10 1/2′. Which means I need stairs in the hallway in order to get the floor to the correct height for when I add the next section of the house.
So I traced out a pattern on the floor.
Then I started building the corner stairs.
One of the last steps will be in the nursery itself.
So it will end up looking something like this:
Having finished the stairs, I stained them a nice walnut color.
Next I started creating a hardwood floor for the hallway.
And put it in place to see if it worked.
I haven’t done the trim yet, since I am still unsure of how thick the baseboard will be. But I stained the part I had done, as well as the door to the linen closet.
I also added studs in all the rest of the walls except the north bathroom wall, so the second floor is really starting to take shape now.
And the dog is just happy to be able to run around in all the new rooms and play peek-a-boo with the stairs…