Tags

, ,

Two blog posts today, since I ended up having a bit of time left over after getting my work done this evening.

I made two more doors for the cabinets, along with their paper clip hinges.

Image

Stained them and varnished the entire cabinet. Then I put the doors in (in this photo, the top rail in which the hinges are fixed is not yet attached).

Image

I glued on the top rail and door knobs (actually little metal pieces of electrical wiring that I bought once and never used) and glued the cabinet onto the wall for good.

Image

It’s far from perfect but it’ll do for the butler’s pantry, where the servants work. Someday I’ll purchase some super-thin plastic sheets to put in the doors, but for now, I quite enjoy the practicality of being able to place the china and glassware on the shelves with the doors closed…

Image

Next I glued the right-hand wall in place.

Image

Took the view from above…

Image

…before laying the ceiling on top (not glued in yet).

Image

I still need to fill a crack where the right-hand wall meets the back wall, make two more sets of cabinet doors, glue in the last cabinet, and fix the ceiling on, but I’m so close to being done with this room…perhaps one more day of work…

Image

For now, good night.